Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Being Outside...


Being outside.  Something that is so easily accessible to most of us, but also something we, unfortunately, take for granted and don't often take advantage of.  This past week, my hubby's truck gave out and he had to take my car to work.  Thus, my little munchkin and I walked to work.  It's only a 2 1/2 block walk, which translates into only about 9 minutes.  But, let me tell ya, it was awesome.  She loved it.  I loved it.  It was wonderful.  Typically our drive to school/work (I work where she attends school) is literally ONE minute.  So, we lose that conversation time.  But, with our walk... we talked and talked and talked.  It was just awesome.  All meanwhile enjoying the beauty of the outside.  In fact, we loved it so much, we plan to continue walking, even though we I got my car back.  Less of a carbon footprint, more family time, more time outside.  It's a win-win.  When's the last time you walked somewhere and skipped out on the car?  Have a beautiful Wednesday!

xoxo-
Mina