Friday, May 13, 2016

When Life Gets Overwhelming... Pause.


In the past two months I've had trouble practicing what I preach.  I write about living simply and we definitely do that as a family.  But, I've been guilty of over scheduling myself in the past couple of months.  Yesterday, my body and mind had finally "had it."  Although all of the activities I'm involved in are fun and enjoyable, sometimes, too much is just too much.  My body aches and my head feels just plain ole' tired.  What to do... what to do?  Pause.  Look around and step back.  This is precisely what I did last night to calm my nerves and it worked like a charm.  Yes.  I shouldn't have committed myself to so many different things.  However, if we didn't live simply, I wouldn't even be able to be a part of so many wonderful activities.  And so... my thought today?  Instead of feeling overwhelmed, let me learn from this, understand my limits and enjoy the blessings.  Let me just... pause.  Have a lovely weekend everyone.  

xoxo-
Mina