Thursday, September 22, 2016

What Do You Value?


Wow.  I've been missing for some time now, haven't I?  I have been so caught up in home and work life that I've neglected to write.  But, I do miss it.  Today I was thinking about values.  Not necessarily moral or religious values.  But, just the word "value."  What do we value as a society and what do we value as individuals?  One of the things that appeals to me the most about minimalism is that it is not a "one size fits all" lifestyle.  The value one minimalist places on a particular thing can differ significantly from another minimalist.  That's the beauty of it.  It's such a flexible mentality.  It really is all about values.  

Some of us value traveling the world, while others value being settled and having roots.  Some of us value having 100 possessions, while others value a nice home filled with beautiful things.  The key is to not feel suffocated by our stuff.  If it doesn't bring us joy and happiness, then it needs to go.  It really is that simple.  Minimalism, in my opinion, is not just about stuff.  It's about what those things mean to us.  Plain and simple. Value.  

What are you valuing today?  Do you need to reassess?

xoxo-
Mina